Pages


Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Goals

After finishing only one UFO in March, I decided to recommit myself to the quest of finishing more UFOs in April.  I have chosen 3 projects to work on this month. They are exactly the same and need backing prepared, layering, basting and quilting.  They are the three Tetris tops that I pieced over Super Bowl weekend.

I enjoyed making the blocks as part of the Tetris Quilt Along at Happy Quilting last summer, but once I finished the blocks I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them.  Over Super Bowl weekend, I participated in a quilt along with the Sunshine Quilters online charity group.  The group is devoted to making quilts for WAS (Wrap a Smile) and WTIL (Wrap Them in Love)  .The quilts are given to children  undergoing cleft palate surgery as well as to children in orphanages worldwide.  At last, the blocks could have a home.  The tops have been sitting for 2 months waiting for backings to be made so they can be finished.  This is the month it will happen.

I am linking up with Carrie at Passion for Applique and A Lovely Year of Finishes at Sew Bitter Sweet Designs so that I will have some accountability.



9 comments:

  1. Accountability. Oh what a wonderful thing!

    Your Tetris quilts turned out really well. I wasn't really sure how they would look when you showed the blocks earlier but I like them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those will be great donation quilts. I know kids will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are stunning and the finished quilts will be fantastic. What a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts tops! They will bring comfort for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Super Bowl Sunday--nice finishes! These will make great quilts for Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun quilts! I'm sure they'll really brighten someone's days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wanted to be a part of this but couldn't find the time. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, just checking in to see how your UFOs are coming along. hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts are beautiful! I know they will bring smiles to the faces of two precious children!!!What a great effort!

    ReplyDelete

I am interested in what you have to say so please leave a comment.