Friday, January 31, 2014

Wrap Up For January

 I haven't managed to get this much sewing finished in a very long time.  I'm surprised steam isn't spewing out of my machine.  I was really pleased to  finish the Bungle Jungle UFO I chose as my goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes Challenge.  I haven't used my embroidery machine for a while so it was fun to use it to make the label.  

I didn't have an assistant this time, so I had to hang the quilt over the door of the coat closet in my hall

I made 49 blocks which surpassed my goal of 20 for the 350 Blocks Project at  Prairie Moon Quilts. I didn't count the blocks I made for the zig zag quilt since there were 220 two patch strip blocks and they were so easy..  This quilt will be my January project for Barbara's  NewFo Challenge on her Cat Patches blog.

This week I made eight blue four patch blocks made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  They form the bottom row.  The row above them has the seven 16 patch blocks I made for the Goodnight Irene sew along.

Since February is a short month, I want to keep my goals modest.  The goal for the 350 Blocks Project is 30 blocks.   I plan on making, ten X blocks for the Goodnight sew along, 2 postage stamp blocks, 2 Happy House blocks, and to finish the Jungle Bungle quilt that I planned to finish in January.  Hopefully, I will find something exciting to round the number up to 30.  I am delighted to report that I did not buy any fabric for the month of January.  I'm not keeping track of how much fabric I used, I'm just happy none has been added

I will be adding my post to three linky parties.   The Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy.   Barbara's  January Newfo Linky Party at Cat Patches and theLovely Year of Finishes at Sew Bitter Sweet.