Sunday, May 23, 2021

Mission Accomplished

This is the third week in a row that I have actually completed my stated goals.  I think it's because my goals have been modest and we did not have internet service for three days.  The time I usually spend reading blogs was spent sewing.

I was able to complete a baby quilt that will be donated to Little Lambs through Sarah Craig's annual Hands 2 Help challenge.  I made the top last year, but it languished in the sewing room until this week.  When I was preparing the top to be quilted, I realized the light green gingham check, I chose last year for the backing, was too blah for the low volume four patch top.  I found a jungle animal print in my stash that livened things up a bit.

My attempt at an art shot was less than successful so I had to depend on my husband to display it. We were away last week and the quilt got very wrinkled on the trip back home.  After a spin in the washer and dryer, it will be ready to ship out.

My second goal was to make enough blocks to create a top from blocks I made a few years ago.  I needed more than my original estimate and wound up sewing 116 blocks.

They will have to ferment while I work on this week's goals.  I plan on finishing another baby quilt for the Hands 2 Help Challenge and making the latest block from the Pieces of the Santa Fe Trail Sew Along.  Melva, at Melva Loves Scraps has chosen the Indian Star block for the third installment of the sew along.  It would make a great block for a Quilt of Valor quilt.

I'll be linking up with Sarah to "Whoop" along with other quilters who have something to share this week at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.