July was a busy month with the garden screaming for attention, but I did manage to complete my goal for July as well as a few other projects. We grow about twenty different varieties of hybridized day lilies in our garden. Our garden is small, but over the years, we have divided and replanted the lilies and in July and August they provide a daily show of color. They started blooming earlier than usual this year, but the flowers are wonderful. The three below are: Cherry Cheeks, Ruby Spider, and one of my favorites, Spanish Dancer. Each bloom only lasts one day, but they are spectacular. We keep track of the number of flowers each day on a calendar. Even though our garden is small, the highest daily number we have recorded over the last six years was 215.
My goal for July was to finish a baby quilt for Little Lambs Foundation for Kids.
In addition to the baby quilt, I made four placemats from red, white, and blue scraps.
I'm linking up with all of the other industrious quilters at Elm Street Quilts' One Monthly Goal July Link-up. I'll also be "Whooping" it up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.