Pages


Sunday, May 16, 2021

Making A List

 I've been frustrated with the lack of finished quilts coming out of my sewing room.  It seems like every time I look for something in my fabric closet, I find unfinished items that divert my attention from what I should be doing.  Bonnie, from In stitches with Bonnie, suggested that I make a list of things I wanted to accomplish for the week.  I decided that my previous failure making lists was that I tended to add too many projects.  My list for this week, included just two projects.  I planned to make the second block of the Pieces of the Santa Fe Trail quiltalong at Melva Loves Scraps. The Double Nine Patch block is now completed.


The second item on my list was to complete a quilt for the Hands 2 Help Challenge hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  The Eye Spy quilt has 48 novelty fabric squares including, mammals, sea creatures, birds, all kinds of food, boats, sports figures and sports equipment, as well as insects.  The back will make a great play mat with roads, a fire station, airport, and a construction site.  It's fresh out of the drier and looks crinkly and cozy. The quilt will be going to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo.





Since making a list worked so well this past week, I've made a list for the coming week.  I plan on quilting another quilt for the Hands 2 Help Challenge and piecing additional blocks to complete one of my UFO tops.  I will be linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict to "Whoop Whoop," about my finishes.  This week is especially exciting at her blog.  In addition to the weekly finishes posted, there are also quilts completed for the Hands 2 Help Challenge.  

Thank you Bonnie for your suggestion to make a list.  Hopefully, it will keep working.



3 comments:

  1. It's great to see you posting. I can only work with lists or I have no idea where I am heading. I really like the look of the double 9-patch block - hmmm, squirrel. Cute finishes for H2H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks wonderful! Good luck with your list. Maybe that Idea would help me too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making lists and telling the "world" of your plans offers accountability. I link up my lists to Chris Knits on Tuesday for the Tuesday To Do Linky party. It is fun to encourage others and see what they have plans for.

    ReplyDelete

I am interested in what you have to say so please leave a comment.